King Charles released from hospital after prostate surgery

[ad_1]

King Charles III was released from a London hospital on Monday after undergoing surgery to treat an enlarged prostate, Buckingham Palace officials said.

Charles was seen greeting Queen Camilla at his side as he left the London Clinic, a private hospital, hours after his daughter-in-law Catherine, Princess of Wales, left the same hospital following an abdominal operation she did so earlier this month.

In a statement released Monday, the palace said Charles, 75, had “rescheduled his upcoming public engagements to allow for a private recovery period.”

The king was admitted to hospital Friday morning for what Buckingham Palace described as “scheduled treatment”.

Benign prostatic hyperplasia is common in men over 50 and can be seen in up to 90% of men over 70. Treatment may include medications and diet and lifestyle changes, as well as surgery in more severe cases to remove excess prostate tissue. gland.

Medical experts said the most common treatment was a transurethral resection of the prostate, in which a surgeon scrapes the inside of the prostate, giving the urethra more space.

Buckingham Palace did not specify what procedure Charles had undergone.

Queen Camilla was with Charles when he was admitted last week, and she was photographed arriving and leaving the hospital several times over the weekend.

January brought troubling health news for the British royal family. Announcements of Charles and Catherine’s proceedings took supporters and the public by surprise, as did the announcement that Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York and ex-wife of the king’s younger brother, Prince Andrew, had been diagnosed with melanomaa serious type of skin cancer.

[ad_2]

Source link

Scroll to Top